SYNTHETIC UNDERLAYMENT TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:
Meets or exceeds applicable National Building Code Requirements for AC48, AC188, and ASTM D226 Type II
1000 Sq. Ft. Roll
Width: 48 in.
Length: 250 ft.
Weight: 28 lbs.
Material: Woven black polyproylene with polymer and anti-slip coating.
Weight: 3.83 ounces per square yard.
Test Standard CGSB 75.1
Rubber Shoe slip resistance exceeded standard by 37% dry and 46% when wet.
Material is UV stabilized and will withstand 1 year exposure
Strip Tensile Strength:
Per ISO 13934-1
MD: 123 lbs.
CD: 68 lbs.
Grab Tensile Strength:
MD: 180 lbs.
CD: 115 lbs.
Nail Tear Resistance:
Per EN 12310-1
MD: 90 lbs.
CD: 54 lbs.
Nail Sealability: Pass
Water Ponding: Pass
Water Vapor Permeance: Pass .05 perms
Beach Puncture Test: Pass Per Tappi T803 om_79
Tensile after 21 Day UV Aging:
MD: 120 lbs.
CD: 70 lbs.
Tensile after 25 Day Accelerated Aging:
MD: 117 lbs.
CD: 70 lbs.
**Results based on independent testing of randomly selected rolls. Variations will occur due to manufacturing and process tolerance.
SYNTHETIC ROOFING UNDERLAYMENT MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET:
1. PRODUCT IDENTIFICATION AND USE:
- Product identification: Synthetic Roofing Underlayment
- Product use/description: coated woven polypropylene for use as a roofing underlayment
- Product composition: Polypropylene and polymer blend
2. HAZARDOUS INGREDIENTS:
- This is not a hazardous product as defined by WHMIS
3. PHYSICAL DATA:
- Physical state: Solid
- Odor and appearance: Pigmented odorless woven fabric
- Odor threshold (ppm): N/Ap
- Vapor pressure (mmHg): N/Ap
- Vapor density: (Air = 1): N/Ap
- Evaporation rate: N/Ap
- Boiling point (°F): N/Ap
- Freezing point (°F): N/Ap
- PH: N/Ap
- Specific gravity: N/Ap
- Coef. Water/oil dist: N/Ap
4. FIRE AND EXPLOSION DATA:
- Flammability: Not flammable, but in case of fire it will contribute
- Means of extinction: Water spray and dry chemicals
- Flash point (°F) and Method: N/Ap
- Upper flammable limit and Lower flammable limit (% by volume): N/Ap
- Hazardous combustion products: Carbon Monoxide, carbon dioxide, nitrogen oxides
- Explosion data: Not sensitive to impact or static discharge
5. REACTIVITY DATA:
- Chemical stability: Yes
- Incompatibility with other substances: None
- Reactivity: Non-reactive
- Hazardous decomposition products: No data
6. TOXICOLOGICAL PROPERTIES:
- Route of entry: N/Ap
- Effects of acute exposure to product: None known
- Effects of chronic exposure to product: None known
- Exposure limits: Not available
- Irritancy of product: N/Ap
- Carcinogenicity: Not on IARC list
- Synergistic products: None known
7. PREVENTIVE MEASURES:
- Special shipping information: None
- No respirator required under normal use
- Leak and spill procedure: N/ap
- Storage requirements: N/Ap
- Waste disposal: See local authorities for disposal instructions
- Gloves: N/Ap
- Handling and storage: Rolls should be adequately restrained to prevent shifting
8. FIRST AID MEASURES: N/AP
9. OTHER INFORMATION:
- DOT shipping name and classification: Not Available
Hazardous data contained supplied herein was furnished by raw material suppliers. The information presented is believed to be factual and derived from qualified sources. However, no facts contained in the information are to be taken as a warranty expressed or implied. The data on this sheet relates only to the specific material designated herein. Berger assumes no legal responsibility for use or reliance upon this data.
*N/Ap = Not applicable
IARC = International Agency for Research on Cancer
WHMIS = Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System