Roofing estimates require a little information from you. But we are here to help. There’s a few measurements that are required to get an instant roofing estimate, but it’s nothing too complicated. Let’s get started!
Your roofing estimate will need two things from you:
1. The total square feet of your roof, including overhangs. Remember, overhangs are the amount your roof extends past the exterior walls of your home. We’re also talking about the total amount “under roof” not just the livable square footage of your home. This would include patios, garages, etc.
2. The pitch or slope of your roof.
And where do I get this, you ask?
It’s easy. There are two ways to get this information:
Your original house plans most likely have all the information you’ll need. The roof plan will be the only sheet you’ll need to take a look at. Note: Sometimes it’s a good idea to obtain the answers by the Do-It-Yourself method (below) as occasionally contractors make “field modifications” to the architect’s plans.
To figure out the total square footage of the building, see the section Measuring a Roof.
To figure out what the Pitch (or slope) of your roof is, see the section Determining the Roof Pitch.
If you already have this information, then you’re ready to get your materials quote.
you can call us toll-free for a quote.
TOLL FREE: 877-833-3237
And after you get your material costs, take a look at our roofing analysis!
A Roofing Analysis is The Key to Saving Money! Knowledge is Power! The Roofing Analysis answers questions you didn’t even know you had! Talk about powerful.
The purchase of your metal roofing materials from Absolute Steel includes our Roofing Analysis at no extra charge. The Roofing Analysis is a comprehensive and detailed report that is accomplished using proprietary software that was years in the making. Homeowners building or re-roofing their residences, architects, builders, general contractors and yes, even roofing contractors, use our reports.
An Absolute Steel Roofing Analysis is the industry standard. It will furnish you answers to questions you didn’t even know to ask! Plainly said, you’re in the driver’s seat.
- Know what the labor should cost
- Know when someone is pulling your leg about the installation hours
- Negotiate better pricing if using a contractor
- Panel placement – save time with illustrations showing material placement
- Save material with accurate cuts
- Trim & flashing plan – saves time & money
- Purlin plan – includes placement & quantities if purlins will be used
- Free with your material purchase (the cost is credited to you)!
- Roofing Analysis Sample!
- See what others have to say about the Analysis
- Order your Analysis Now!